In service to my coaching clients, I am exploring how to determine God’s will for your life. With seemingly perfect timing, I recently received a “decision checklist” bookmark from TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network) about just that subject. What they offer is such a quick and easy read that I pass it along below.
I encourage you meditate on what may be revealed for you through these questions and scriptures. Perhaps journaling about each question may bring clarity of thought. Or it may help to take a prayer walk in a quiet place to see what may come up for you along the way.
Determining God’s will for my life decision checklist:
- What does my inner conviction say?
- ” … God is not the author of confusion, but of peace …” 1 Corinthians 14:33
- What does the Bible say?
- “Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.” Psalm 119:105
- What does godly counsel say?
- “Where there is no counsel, the people fall; but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.” Proverbs 11:14
- What do my circumstances say?
- “Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, left the Jordan and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness …” Luke 4:1
- Do I have a prophetic word?
- “I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.” Ephesians 1:17
- Do I have the peace of God?
- “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts …” Colossians 3:15
- Where had God already provided?
- “For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7